Eliminate over-testing and under-investing in Texas students.
TAMSA is a statewide, grassroots organization comprised of parents and other community members concerned with the overemphasis on high stakes STAAR tests and the misallocation of hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars to the tests that should be going to the classroom. Our mission is to improve public education in Texas through the use of meaningful and effective student assessments that allow for more productive classroom instruction and more efficient use of public funds.
*If you work for a school district, please
use a PERSONAL email.
TAMSA advocates for the following during the 84th Legislative Session:
- Decrease the number of tests to no more than required under federal law.
- Eliminate the "high-stakes" performance requirements for grade promotion and high school graduation.
- Replace writing EOCs with non-high stakes student portfolio review.
- Decrease the length of tests, and minimize field-test questions.
- Use diagnostic Norm Reference Tests (NRTs) to gauge student learning.
- Use random sampling testing for state accountability.
- Please join us as we advocate in Austin for our children and their schools!